Hello my lovely readers – I was determined to get this post up for you, despite the fact that my hand is going to feel like it wants to fall off after this. I’m not entirely sure what I did to it, but I’ve been suffering inflammation and pain across the back of my hand and wrist, which has made it really hard to do simple things like wash my hair, or text properly. Believe it or not, this post is mostly being typed up with my left hand. It’s slooooooow. And this is going to be a long post, if you hadn’t worked that out from the number of things in the title >.<
Anyway, there is a reason I wanted to get this up, and its because on Thursday I got my first ever international order, and an Indie brand to boot. Nostalgic Nail Lacquer makes the most delectable shades of polish, that I am sooooo excited to say I now own two bottles of. I was so excited when I got my order (I made Husband drive me to the depot because I initially missed the drop off) that I did a quick paint in the car…
The little honey I want to show you today, is called Possibly Maybe; it is sweetest baby yellow jelly filled with purple, green and silver glitters. My swatches are showing 6 (yes six – this polish applies thin and dries super quick, so it really didn’t bother me to use so many) thin coats with only a base coat. I wanted to show this little beauty in it’s purest unadulterated form. Can you tell I’m in love?
I died a little inside every time I looked at this gorgeous creature, and I’m definitely glad I endured burning pain in my tendons to apply it. Having said that, I have two days worth of Challenge posts for you, which both use Possibly Maybe a) because I couldn’t bear to take it off, and b) because I couldn’t bear to take it off.
Day 17’s theme was GLITTER – which was easy enough! I just swapped up some fingers by applying Miki #25 underneath, aside from the ring finger.
I went out with some friends, and found a chocolate (Vodka and Lime! *drool*) that matched my mani!
Day 18 (today’s) is supposed to be HALF MOON … buuuuuuut I couldn’t find my French Manicure stickers, and couldn’t get any ring binger stickers (you know those paper strengtheners we all used before kids started taking their school work in on USB keys and laptops) and so I had to improvise. Using ordinary sellotape I just taped off the bottom half of my nail, and threw on a coat or two of Cairuo #21. It’s no where near straight, or beautiful – just go and put Half Moon Mani into Google Image Search and you’ll see what I mean, but … never mind.
Finally – The gorgeous Nailluxxe nominated me for the Sunshine Award – I’m totally honoured and a little bit in awe of two nominations in just about as many days.
The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers. The recipients of the Sunshine Award are: “Bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” The way the award works is this: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Answer questions about yourself. Select 10 of your favorite bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award!
The questions Nailluxxe posed me and my fellow nominees (check them out – I did, and discovered a whole lot of new bloggers to follow!), and my answers are below:
1. How did you come up with the title of your blog?
– -Funny story – Husband and I both came up with it in the car one day. We were brainstorming names for businesses, and I said (jokingly) “if I had a nail polish shop I’d call it beyond nails, or something…” and then he replied “what about beyond the – what is that stuff that you put on first called?”
“Base Coat! Yes! Beyond the Base Coat” … and that was how both name and blog were born, since the name was too good to waste floating around in my brain.
2. Flowers or chocolate (gift)?
– -Flowers any day
3. Relaxed beach holiday or crazy city break get-away?
– -Beach holiday – I love the beach, the sun, and the water.
4. Favourite thing about blogging?
— Being as silly as I want, and the awesome people I keep meeting through it!
5. Beauty product you can’t live without?
— Uhh… I’m not really into beauty products, aside from polish, but I guess it would probably be pressed powder for mah shiiiiiny face.
6. Most embarrassing song on your ipod/in your music collection?
— One Direction – the “that’s what makes you beautiful” one … I swear it’s the only one of theirs I have, and it’s not even their version, it’s Glee’s. Which I suppose is the next most embarrassing playlist I have – 159 Glee songs..
7. One thing you hope to achieve in the future?
— I would love to make a living out of blogging, but since I don’t see that happening any time in the near future, the next thing I hope to achieve is to be a Mummy.
8. Best thing you purchased in the last 3 months?
— uuuuuhhhhm… I haven’t really bought anything in the last three months aside from my Nostalgic order which I am in LOVE with.
9. Describe your blog using ONLY three words
— Budget But Beautiful (that’s not too big headed is it?)
10. Thing/person/memory that puts a smile on your face after a tough day?
— Easy; Husband and Kitty. No arguments there – they never fail to make me smile.
And without further ado, the blogs and bloggers who inspire me, and make my day just that little bit better, and whom I want to nominate for this award are:
- Nail Mania
- Color Coated
- Polish You Pretty
- Tips and Top Coats
- Lekker Lacquer
- Nail Polish Anon
- Twenty Six Nails
- Intense Polish Therapy
- Lani Loves
- Leona Carolina
And their questions are…
1. What was your favourite Childhood TV program or movie
2. What is your current guilty pleasure besides polish/nail art/beauty related products?
3. Are you a summer or winter person?
4. If you had $500 to spend on anything you wanted what would it be?
5. What has been your most frustrating blogging moment
6. Who is your most hated villain character of all time?
7. What is your go to comfort food?
8. What hopes and dreams do you have for your blog?
9. Kitties or puppies?
10. If your life was a movie what genre would it be, who would play you?
Phew! 4 hours later, and this post is finally ready to go. I’ve got something special for you tomorrow, so long as my hand doesn’t decide to pack it in again!